We are looking for a seasoned Front end Developer with a minimum of 3 year’s experience, with keen attention to detail, a passion for user experience, technology and innovation. If you thrive in an exciting and dynamic environment, love collaborating on exciting projects and want to be part of a fun team at one of Newcastle’s leading agencies then we want to hear from you. Finding the right person is just as important as finding the right skills and we are on the hunt!
ESSENTIAL skills & experience:
You are an experienced developer who’s constantly looking at ways to further your own work and progress yourself to reach new levels in your career. You’re obsessed with UX and using next generation technology to help clients.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years experience as a Front End Developer (we would love to see examples of your work)
- Experienced in wire framing, prototyping and digital design and familiar with related software/tools (i.e. Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, etc)
- Passionate about UX/UI with a focus on mobile first
- Ability to convert complex requirements into intuitive ‘human centred’ designs
- Meticulous attention to detail; coupled with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- IT and/or Design degree preferred
- Experience in online animation a bonus!
To be successful in this role you must have knowledge of the digital landscape, with a strong desire to create best-in-class digital experiences across mobile and web, and familiarity with building these experiences on a variety of devices / platforms. You must be a results-driven and self-motivated person who loves working in agile teams.
You must display a high level of accountability, and ability to remain flexible to evolving responsibilities and changing needs. You also must be creative and innovation-minded.
What will you do in this role?
- Help to create designs with a strong focus on usability, and further refine existing designs to improve user experience
- Write maintainable and well-structured code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle including ideation, code reviews, basic testing and ongoing support
- Collaborate with relevant departments to execute integrated campaigns and projects
- Develop wireframes/prototypes and advise creative teams on latest digital design trends and standards
- Assist with advising on quotes and scope of works integrating across teams to ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Be part of the brainstorming, creative problem solving and ideas sessions
- Be willing to help wherever required, be a team player and like to have a good laugh
What are the perks?
- Amazing, fun open-plan office with the most incredible harbour views and a work culture that is unmatched in Newcastle
- Located in the vibrant East End with easy access to public transport and parking
- Monthly health bonus
- Additional leave day provided on your work anniversary
- Training and support provided to develop your personal and professional goals
- A coffee snob’s dream location surrounded by cafes a-plenty
- Regular social events, cheese plates and bake-offs
- A generally vibrant, fun-loving, creative family to be a part of
Interested? Then please apply using the form below!
Reports to: Senior Digital Strategist
Remuneration commensurate with experience.
Must be an Australian Citizen or have permanent work rights in Australia (we are unable to sponsor sorry).
We will do our best to get back to all applicants, but realistically it’s likely to only be those that are shortlisted, sorry. All applications will remain confidential.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 14 September 2018